Transmission questions

John Lagnese jlagnese at
Fri Apr 24 22:08:11 PDT 2009

It must be a sturdy differential!

-----Original Message-----
From: quattro-bounces at [mailto:quattro-bounces at] On
Behalf Of urq
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2009 10:57 AM
To: quattro at
Subject: RE: Transmission questions

.... I believe they are referring to the gear ratios inside the
but you are correct that having unequal FDRs in the diffs can cause
excessive differentiation in the center diff, which may cause excessive

I owned a 5000 TQ which had different ratios in the front and rear diff ....
I didn't figure that out before buying the car ... I don't know how long the
car had this configuration, but it didn't show any signs of center diff

Steve B
San José, CA (USA)