NAC: worst engine in the world award

John Lagnese jlagnese at
Thu Jan 8 20:26:18 PST 2009

Speaking of diesel GM cars, does anyone remember that the diesel
Chevette was much faster than the gas Chevette.

-----Original Message-----
From: quattro-bounces at [mailto:quattro-bounces at]
On Behalf Of David Ullrich
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 3:01 PM
To: quattro at
Subject: Re: NAC: worst engine in the world award

Bah, I wonder if y'all might be too young to remember the really BAD
of the past. The engines mentioned so far are all perfectly fine engines
when comapred to thigns like the Caddilac V4-6-8 (GMs first and most
terrible attempt at fuel savings by cylinder deactivation) or the Olds
block 350 Diesel (which ruined the image of Diesels in the USA forever,
still hurting the image of Diesel eve today). THOSE were truely terrible

-Audiless for now
-Wanted: 1987 CGT Triple White