A4 seats

Lee Levitt lee at wheelman.com
Sun Jan 11 12:08:05 PST 2009

Taka writes:

> Then pony up and get a set of Recaro SRD or Sport for your A4.
> Big
> improvement in comfort and support.

Not looking to spend megabucks on this car, and I'd like the rear
seats to match. Of course, finding S4 avant leather rear seats are
near impossible, so I may end up having the rears upholstered to

Also, I'd like to retain the original side airbag function.

> How did you get sport seats in your A6 avant?!? AFAIK, they were
> only
> available as part of the sport package that came on 2.7T and 4.2
> cars.

That's correct. Friend of mine bought a set out of a 2.7T,
installed them in his avant, then scored a full RS6 interior from
Europe. I picked up his sport setup. The sedan setup installs
perfectly in the wagon (unlike the B5 sedan/avant).

> If you want a cheaper alternative, have you looked to see if VW
> GTI seats
> have the same rail spacing as your A4? A lot of GTIs have real
> Recaro seats
> in them and are quite comfy.

Hmm. I wonder if those airbags would be compatible.