Lines in instrument display

Kent McLean kentmclean at
Mon Jun 8 06:40:09 PDT 2009

Nick Lawrence wrote:
 > 2001 A6   Has missing lines in the dash display.  I understand this is a
 > common problem.  What are the options to repair and costs if someone has done
 > this.  TIA

If you can find the LED panel and are very good with a soldering iron,
here's a link to a how-to:

I believe BBA Reman has now included the LED panel in its repertoire.
Their website says: "We can also restore missing or faded pixels from
the center display screen." No such luck with my '99 A4.

Kent McLean
1999 A4 Avant, V6 Tiptronic
1991 200 TQA #3, with mods
1990 V8 w/5-speed and other mods
gone: '91 200 TQA x2, '94 100 S Avant, '89 200 TQ "Bad Puppy"