Blasted Alarm!

Dan DiBiase d_dibiase at
Tue Jun 23 08:44:38 PDT 2009

Check for a back-up battery. Had the same issue with my '95 Jetta when it was about the same age as your S4. There was a separate battery hidden
away somewhere in the back of the car that was dying.

In my case, it happened during a Scout camp-out. I was sleeping about 1/4 mile away from the car as the crow flies, and the alarm started going
off at 3:00 am. I recognized the 'beep' of the horn (this was a factory system). Unfortunately, it was about a mile walk, as I would have had to
walk around a lake. So I lay in my bag, hoping that the battery would just die! It stopped after a few minutes, then started again.... Then stopped.
The next morning, everyone was commenting on it, of course, and I chimed in with 'Yeah, can't believe that idiot didn't get up and turn it off!'.... ;-)

 Dan D
Central NJ USA

From: John Cassidy <jcassidy at>
To: quattro at
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 11:26:31 AM
Subject: Blasted Alarm!

Hey Fans,

I have an '01 S4a that occasionally feels paranoid.  It trips the alarm
system occasionally for no apparent reason.   It's happened 6 or 8 times
in the last couple months.  I always assumed that someone was screwing
with me, but today I was outside with site of it and it tripped when no
one was around.  Any bright ideas what could be causing this?

quattro mailing list