Proud new owner

Huw Powell audi at
Sun Mar 29 21:36:37 PDT 2009

Brett Dikeman wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 9:01 PM, Kent McLean <kentmclean at> wrote:
>> I have it on good authority that this thread applies:
>> <>
>> That's the thread on Motogeek that follows the conversion.  It includes
>> some pictures (not for the squeamish -- the interior is completely ripped
>> apart).
> "My car came to a stop, I smell something burning, and it's 'making a
> honorific wining/chattering noise'. There are funny lights on the
> dash, and now I can only get into one gear.  I repeatedly forced the
> car to drive in two mile stints..."
> JHMFC!  I seriously hope that's not the owner of *your* 5-speed V8! :)

Without checking it out, that sounds like how the AT died?  Resulting in
the conversion?  Heck, when my Dorf 250 threw a rod, I kept driving it
and got it home - what was I gonna hurt?  PS, it wouldn't start again,
go figure.

When my used 12 hp lawnmower thing threw a rod, there were no options.

Huw Powell