A/C Compressor Zener Diode to stop radio popping (urq)
syljay at optonline.net
Sun May 10 08:47:14 PDT 2009
>Does anyone know where I can find the appropriate Zener Diode to use
>with the a/c compressor (patient is a 200q20v) to stop the feedback
>popping when the clutch cycles?
SA15A - Transient Voltage Suppressor
* Glass passivated junction.
* 500W Peak Pulse Power capability on 10/1000 ms waveform.
* Excellent clamping capability.
* Low incremental surge resistance.
* Fast response time; typically less than 1.0 ps from 0 volts to
BV for unidirectional and 5.0 ns for bidirectional.
* Typical IR less than 1.0 mA above 10V
Data sheet here:
Source here for $0.23 each:
Source here for $0.25 each:
I would call a local Radio Shack store and see if they can get it for
you, and save yourself shipping costs.
SJ in NJ
More information about the quattro