[s-cars] SWM ISO MAF

D Cosby dccosby at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 18 02:31:47 EST 2002

#1 sounds like a sticky idle stabilizer valve.

#2 sounds normal. I've blown off hoses and the car always stalls with a nice
rich puff of smoke out the back.

#3 again doesn't sound too out of the norm

#4 short of sucking the MAF into the turbo, I can't see this being a problem
(turbo overspin aside)

I'd start with #1 and spray a crap load of carb cleaner in there. I had one
fail all together a few years ago and am now running one off a wrecked 200
that a mechanic friend had (occasionally sticks a bit on startup too).

If you're coming to Toronto, be sure to put the snows on.