[s-cars] RE: Mandrel Bend Confusion

Keith Maddock Keith.Maddock at trw.com
Mon Jan 27 15:35:41 EST 2003

Just make sure you're not confusing it with a "Mendel Bend",  which is only achieved by injecting a high pressure water stream into the pipe while working it...

(sorry couldn't resist)

Keith Maddock, TRW Automotive,  Koblenz, Germany
Slip Control Systems, Systems Design, Traction Control
+49 (0)261/ 895 2474     -    -    keith.maddock at trw.com

>>> Robert Pastore <rpastore at animalfeeds.com> 16:14:35 21.01.2003 >>>
No Insertion?.....sounds like a Clinton Denial.

This is from Webster's On-line Dictionary:

Main Entry: man.drel
Variant(s): also man.dril  /'man-dr&l/
Function: noun
Etymology: probably modification of French mandrin
Date: 1665
1 a : a usually tapered or cylindrical axle, spindle, or arbor inserted into
a hole in a piece of work to support it during machining b : a metal bar
that serves as a core around which material (as metal) may be cast, molded,
forged, bent, or otherwise shaped

I must note that Ken Starr is not the editor of Webster's, so I'd say
"Insertion is Required".
Anyway, the point of the post was it ain't easy to find a shop that has true
mandrel bending capabilities.


More information about the S-car-list mailing list