[s-cars] Jacking & support points

Theodore Chen tedebearp at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 11:43:18 EST 2003

--- Sean Douglas <quattro20v at telus.net> wrote:
> The jacking points I use is at the 4 plastic moulded points on the
> rocker panel. My jack has a rubber pad attached to a flat saddle, so no
> damage occurs. For support points, IIRC is somewhere on the subframe,
> again I use rubber pads to prevent damage.

there are two C-section channels under the front subframe.  they look
like rub strips, intended to keep the subframe from scraping pavement.
very beefy metal.  i place the jackstands inside these channels.

i haven't found a particularly good place to support the rear yet.
i've jacked it up by the rear differential, and placed jackstands under
the plastic covered jacking points on the rocker panels.

Do you Yahoo!?