[s-cars] RE: A4 back on the road

TM t44tq at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 21 18:47:05 EST 2003

Not the compressor side, the hot side.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Mangas [mailto:porter_t_dog at hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 6:11 PM
To: t44tq at mindspring.com; s-car-list at audifans.com; quattro at audifans.com
Subject: Re: A4 back on the road

  Single gun theory?

  Something isn't right with this- how exactly would the compressor
get nicked by a broken off spark plug electrode?  The object would have
travel upstream past the throttle body, through some plumbing, through
IC, and through still more plumbing...

   Was it the turbine blade that got hit?

>From: "TM" <t44tq at mindspring.com>

>the spark plug in cylinder 1 had disintegrated, electrode shot into the

>cylinder, traveled from cylinder 1 to 2 to 3 to 4, found the electrode
>in cylinder 4.

>The turbo impeller got nicked, but didn't lose any blades, we'll see if

>will last.

Is there a gadget-lover on your gift list?  MSN Shopping has lined up
good bets!  http://shopping.msn.com