[s-cars] Cruise Control won't hold

Bill de Alva billdealva at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 6 01:16:25 EST 2004

The cruise control on my '95 S6 no longer holds the cruise setting.  It is not completely inoperative... I can feel it trying to hold, but it gradually slips.  Pushing the accel button on the control stem does not cause the car to accelerate.  However, I can feel the throttle release when I turn off the cruise control.  I suspect the problem is not in the cruise electronics but rather in the mechanism that is supposed to control the throttle.
Any suggestions for trouble shooting this will be greatly appreciated.
Bill de Alva

Do you Yahoo!?