[s-cars] RE: H&R help

Ned Ritchie Q at IntendedAcceleration.com
Mon Feb 16 03:50:06 EST 2004

Rear springs are softer?  Where did that "typically softer" come from?

-----Original Message-----
From: quattro-bounces at audifans.com [mailto:quattro-bounces at audifans.com]
On Behalf Of Bob Rossato
Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2004 6:15 PM
To: DGraber460 at aol.com; quattro at audifans.com; urq at audifans.com;
s-car-list at audifans.com
Subject: RE: H&R help

> Setting on the floor the H&Rs are 3" shorter than the stock. The
> springs are
> marked as "055" for front, and "100 VA" for the rear. The H&R web
> site only lists
> the kit # as 29545.

I'm not familiar with Urq springs at all, but I'm just going to take a
shot here.  The "100 VA" you list for the rear may actually be the
Often spring part numbers will include a "V" for "vorne" (German for
and "H" for "hinter" (German for Rear).  So it's possible you have the
springs swapped around, and since the rear springs are typically softer
would make sense that the front is too low.

quattro mailing list
quattro at audifans.com