[s-cars] RS2-related fuel pump questions

Dave Forgie forgied at ae.ca
Mon Jul 5 19:52:41 EDT 2004

Thanks for the data points, i.e. that the OEM 091 G pump should be fine.
I wonder whether my altitude compensation is working (I am at sea
level).  There has to be a reason I am running a bit lean at WOT!!!

Dave F.

>>> <Elijahallen92 at aol.com> 07/05/04 04:02PM >>>
In a message dated 7/5/2004 6:52:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
forgied at ae.ca

> Hap: With "normal" RS2 turbo set up, did you ever run out fuel with
> the standard 8A0 906 091 G in-tank, high pressure/flow fuel pump?
> reason I am asking is this pump is the same for the S4/S6 AND the 2.8
> 172 hp V6 of the day. It is easy for me to imagine that the fuel
> requirements of a 227 hp S4 (or a 172 hp V6) are easily exceeded by
> "pushed" 370 hp (crank) RS2 set-up at WOT at sea level (oh, thats
> Dave F.

 I've never had a problem in my car or the wife's. I think if the fuel
is getting worn out you may but when that is I don't know. Mine has
149K on it
no with alot more power than RS2 and my wife's has 169K with full RS2
cam setup.

This e-mail and its attachments are intended solely for the person or entity
information.  Any review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of
this e-mail by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender
immediately and delete the material from any computer.