[s-cars] RE: After Run Pump - Can it come on at a lower temperature?

Matt twentyV matt_20v at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 10:32:13 EDT 2004

The auxillary pump (and fan) is apparently set to run
when the engine is
turned off and the coolant temperature reaches 110C
and shuts off at 97C. I've never witnessed this
happening as 110C is pretty high. Has anyone tried
replacing the thermo switch as per the S4tt (see link)
to come on at a lower temperature?

I did this mod on my S4tt, the stock sensor had
stopped working.  Looked at the sensor on the 95 S6,
it is physically different- screws in whereas the S4tt
clips in.

While the S6 afterrun does kick in occassionally,
the 3B in my coupe never does, so I intend to
replace that sensor with a stock one... unless
somebody fines a lower temp. range in a compatible
format.  I like the idea of it coming on at lower

Do you Yahoo!?