[s-cars] New noise and less power :- ( - turbo chatter?

chris chambers fastscirocco_2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 19 12:05:29 EDT 2004

Fellow S gurus

It has seemed like I have had less power lately, and this suspicion was
confirmed when I drove my wife's S4.

Also when I have a window or my sunroof open there is a noise that
sounds like wind blowing over a reed (does that make sense) and is most
noticeable from 3500 rpm to 4500 rpm.

I checked for codes and am getting 2231, which according to
sjmautotechnik.com is : "2231 (Blink Fault Code), VAG1551/2 Fault Code
Number 00533 Idle Speed Control, Idle speed adaptation limit exceeded,
Sticky ISV, air leak."

Could this be the BPV failing/failed? Is it time for a new 06A145710NI
valve? I also read something earlier about turbo chatter, what does
that sound like?

input please, the Audi gods are not smiling right now.

Do you Yahoo!?