[s-cars] New noise and less power :- ( - turbo chatter?

chris chambers fastscirocco_2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 19 13:22:28 EDT 2004

I'm going to re-check everything tonight, but when I rev the throttle
by hand I don't hear anything. Time to make a leak tester, where is the
parts list for the home depot version?

--- Russ Panneton <russ at panneton.name> wrote:

    There are still the small hoses directly beneath the center of
theintake manifold and between the turbo and the cam cover...

chris chambers wrote:
Russ,I neglected to note that I have Samco turbo hoses and checked for
leaksand didn't find any.ThanksChris--- Russ Panneton
<russ at panneton.name> wrote:
Chris,The first thing to ALWAYS check for is a torn hose creating a big
airleak.  I can imagine that making the reed like noise you're hearing.
A bad BPV can result in a loss of boost but that failure keeps the air
intake system sealed.Good luck,Russchris chambers wrote:
Fellow S gurusIt has seemed like I have had less power lately, and this
confirmed when I drove my wife's S4.Also when I have a window or my
sunroof open there is a noise thatsounds like wind blowing over a reed
(does that make sense) and is
noticeable from 3500 rpm to 4500 rpm.I checked for codes and am getting
2231, which according tosjmautotechnik.com is : "2231 (Blink Fault
Code), VAG1551/2 Fault
Number 00533 Idle Speed Control, Idle speed adaptation limit
Sticky ISV, air leak."Could this be the BPV failing/failed? Is it time
for a new
valve? I also read something earlier about turbo chatter, what doesthat
sound like?input please, the Audi gods are not smiling right now.Thanks
Chris		__________________________________Do you Yahoo!?Vote for the
stars of Yahoo!'s next ad
listS-CAR-List at audifans.comhttp://www.audifans.com/mailman/listinfo/s-car-list