[s-cars] Re: Pressure tester.

chris chambers fastscirocco_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 20 21:36:06 EDT 2004

S car gurus

I went to use my new fangled pressure tester as I have read, and can't
pressurize teh entire system because air is coming out a breather on
the back of the valve cover.

Now I'm guessing this doesn't need to be pressure tested. After doing
more research I have discovered there are different schools of thought
on how to pressure test.

Not having read anything recently on the authority (the S car list) I
am asking my fellow S car gurus how they do it.

Here is a pic of my pressure tester.

--- Tom Mullane <tmullane at snet.net> wrote:
> Chris,
> Here is a link to a post from the dark side.
> Unless you've checked for leaks with a pressure tester, you haven't
> really
> checked for leaks.
> http://forums.audiworld.com/s4s6/msgs/29825.phtml
> Tom
> Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:22:25 -0700 (PDT)
> From: chris chambers <fastscirocco_2000 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [s-cars] New noise and less power  :- (  - turbo
> chatter?
> To: Russ Panneton <russ at panneton.name>,	Scar
> <s-car-list at audifans.com>
> I'm going to re-check everything tonight, but when I rev the throttle
> by hand I don't hear anything. Time to make a leak tester, where is
> the
> parts list for the home depot version?
> Tx
> Chris