[s-cars] DIY FMIC - Almost done, hit a small snag

Lewis, Gary M gary.m.lewis2 at boeing.com
Wed Jul 21 18:54:22 EDT 2004

Dave said:
Do you think there is any chance of welding extra bumper reinforcement on the outside of the bumper support to compensate for the metal that you had to trim away?

You mean on the outside of the IC facing the radiator (the outside of the inside, hehe).  Actually I do.  Great Idea!!  Also, you could easily bolt a hunk of metal in the spot in question.  Not sure about aluminum to metal, but it is a great idea.  I will do it and get back to you...

Gary Lewis

1995.5 S6 Avant, Green/Ecru, RS2 MAF, RS2 Exhaust Manifold, RS2 Injectors, Custom Turbo (K26 Turbine, Factory K26 Cold side (Audi Works '999' P/N) with 50mm intake and custom Innovative Turbo compressor wheel), TurboXS Type 25 Bypass Valve, Bilsteins, Eibachs, Big Reds, Spec II Clutch.