[s-cars] euro tail light mods for US spec cars?

Marc Swanson mswanson at sonitrol.net
Fri Jun 25 11:32:20 EDT 2004

I recall a little while back overhearing at an S-head gathering mods
that need to be made to the euro tail light assembly to work with US

I just installed a set on my car last night and I see two issues..:
1: the trunk release binds on the top of the light bar
2: the plate doesn't quite fit.. this I'll fix by simply cutting a small
notch in the plastic near the top of the assembly, behind the reflector

What have you guys done to the lights/trunk release handle to make
things work without binding?

Oh, and BTW, those 4 nuts on the far outside edges of the trunk lid come
off relatively easily, but getting the threads started on assembly
SUCKED.  I think I've probably got a few extra bits of hardware resting
inside the trunk lid now...

-Marc Swanson-
95.5 //S6 Avant
87 4ktq