[s-cars] Oil filter bracket

Eugene Yen tbickle99 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 3 18:40:21 EST 2004

I just replaced this gasket 2 weeks ago.  Has my car been talking to

Replacing this gasket is really easy.  You just unscrew the big banjo
bolt that holds the bracket to the engine block, replace the paper
gasket, and reinstall the bolt.

Of course, you need to drain all of the oil out of the engine before
removing the bracket, so you might want to wait until your next oil
change before replacing this gasket.

Other info:
Gasket cost: ~$2.50 at the dealer
Total time required: 10 minutes in addition to the time needed to drain
the oil.
You need a 27mm socket for the bolt.
The bolt torque is 52 ft-lbs, IIRC.  Check Bentley to make sure.

'95.5 S6