[s-cars] Wiring connections for hands-free phone, etc.?

Lee Levitt lee at wheelman.com
Fri Apr 15 11:39:31 EDT 2005

Been there, muted that.

Radio mute comes off the 25 pin DIN connector in the boot. You can
probably also get power off this connector, but I chose to get it
under the dash.

Here's the information on the 25 pin connector (and more).

I also used the speaker in the center console, but simply spliced
into it at the speaker itself and ran a wire to the phone control

The stock Audi microphone will not work...you need to use the mic
supplied with the kit.

On the Audiworld.com site there's a long discussion about tapping
into the RJ45 jack in the center console. Seemed like a lot of
work, but the purists might want to go that route :)

BTW, I *love* the radio mute. It's a great feature.

'02 A6 3.0 quattro avant
'96 A6 quattro avant

On Fri Apr 15 08:22:19 PDT 2005, Doug L <landaeta1 at comcast.net>