[s-cars] Oil Leak 94 S4

Igor Kessel KBATPO at comcast.net
Sun Feb 13 13:16:05 EST 2005

Fred Munro wrote:
> Aaron;
> The sensor is located on the left upper side of the engine near the front.
> The oil can run down the block, pool in the oil pan flange cast into the
> block, and run out at the rear of the block. On my car I initially thought
> the oil pan gasket was leaking because the entire flange was wet with oil
> front to back.
> Fred

The ON-OFF oil pressure switch is a typical source of the leak. They are
made like crap and usually leak at the crimping of the metal body around
the plastic insert.
Yesterday a friend of mine with a '94 UrS4 called me up from a NH ski
resort, told me that his switch was running like a sieve and asked for
an advice as to what could be done in the field far away from home on a
Saturday night short of summoning a tow truck. I told him to remove the
switch and plug it with any 10x1mm bolt so that he could make the trip
back home.

Igor Kessel
two turbo quattros