[s-cars] Cheap/effective FMIC option w/ Sex and free beer

Djdawson2 at aol.com Djdawson2 at aol.com
Mon Mar 6 23:11:59 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/6/2006 2:32:45 PM Mountain Standard Time,
fastscirocco_2000 at yahoo.com writes:

Read  this, did Dawson have to do anything on his
original D.I.C.K. FMIC  build?

3. We  had to build up the 2.5" alum pipe to an OD of 2.75 to fit
the turbo outlet  hose. Dunno why Audi did this, and it was
a PITA for a beginner welder. We  rolled up a piece of sheet AL
into a tube of 2.75" OD, cut slits in that  and bent in to
the 2.5" pipe and welded it enough so I could smooth it  with
a die grinder (it sounds easy enough...)

No, I didn't have to build up to 2 3/4 because I wasn't using the stock or
Samco turbo to x-over tube hose.  My turbo has a 2" outlet, so all I needed
was a 2 to 2 1/2 silicon transition hose.