[s-cars] How to see a difference between 7A camshafts and other camshafts?

Eyvind E. Spangen 200q20v at bluezone.no
Wed Oct 3 16:57:16 PDT 2007

I just bought a 20v NA engine for parts. The seller claimed that the cams
were the original 20v cams, but I suspect he gave me the turbo cams from his
20v turbo and kept the 7A cams himself.
I can't see anything that looks like a part number. One cams says something
like "034 102 AL" while the other cam says "034 G". This is impossible to

Is there any other way to find the difference? I have only paid 50% of the
price for the engine (which was something like $100), I won't pay the rest
if I got some 20v turbo cams instead of the 7A cams..

Checked by AVG Free Edition.