[s-cars] Friday Olympic Laffs NAC

Douglas Landaeta dlandaeta at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 07:09:20 PDT 2008

If you have been watching the Olympics, you might get a kick out of

Here are the top nine comments made by NBC sports commentators so far
during the Summer Olympics that they would like to take back:

1. Weightlifting commentator: 'This is Gregoriava from  Bulgaria .
I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing.'

Dressage commentator: 'This is really a lovely horse and I speak from
personal experience since I once mounted her mother.'

Paul Hamm, Gymnast: 'I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother
and father.'

Boxing Analyst: 'Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths
in boxing, but none of them really that serious.'

Softball announcer: 'If history repeats itself, I should think we can
expect the same thing again.'

Basketball analyst: 'He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like
it. In fact you can see it all over their faces.'

At the rowing medal ceremony: 'Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the
IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew.'

8. Soccer commentator: 'Julian Dicks is everywhere.
It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field.'

Tennis commentator: 'One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is
that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses
them... Oh my God, what have I just said?'