[s-cars] S-CAR-List Digest, Vol 64, Issue 27

Theodore Chen tedebearp at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 11 16:40:17 PST 2009

what pressure release valve are you talking about?

turbo bypass valve (also called diverter valve) that sits at the output of the turbo and when opened, allows air to recirculate to the turbo's intake?
wastegate frequency valve (the N75 valve that sits in the air path between the turbo's output and the wastegate, and under control of the ECU, bleeds pressure away from the wastegate into the turbo's intake, thereby allowing the wastegate to stay closed)?
positive crankcase ventilator (PCV)?

From: Calvin Young <calvinyoung at cox.net>
To: s-car-list at audifans.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 8:57:36 AM
Subject: Re: [s-cars] S-CAR-List Digest, Vol 64, Issue 27

Thanks Guy,

the car indeed does lose power under real hard acceleration.  
However, I was advised that replacing this part would help  burn off  
the hydrocarbon and burn the fuel more efficiently.

Is that not the case?

On Feb 11, 2009, at 11:45 AM, s-car-list-request at audifans.com wrote:

> Note to Calvin: a malfunctioning pressure release valve (the one that
> controls the turbo bypass valve?) could either:
>     1) cause bypass (=power loss),
>     2) inhibit bypass (=pressure/power spikes, engine danger).

S-CAR-List mailing list
S-CAR-List at audifans.com

More information about the S-CAR-List mailing list