[s-cars] Rear wiper, Brake light blowing fuses.....

Jim Fleischer jim at almgt.com
Fri Feb 20 21:59:51 PST 2009

Okay, I know it couldn't be that simple.  A couple weeks ago I had issues with my rear wiper, replaced the 15 amp fuse with the proper 20 amp, and all was well for a few days.  Then it quit again, then my brake lights went out.  Both fuses burnt.  Tail lights and blinkers are still fine.  So.....I guess I need to get at the wires in the avant door hinge:  Questions are....

1.  Which side would have both the rear wiper and brake light wires.

2.  What is the best/easiest way to get behind the rubber tube surrounding the wires?  Will I need to cut it open, then tape it up after I'm through?

3.  Could something else besides the hinge wires be causing this?

As always, much appreciated!

'95 s6 avant w/75K
'83 ur