[s-cars] Rear caliper guide pins and carrier source

Kevin Day kday at ultrameta.org
Wed Jul 22 09:12:25 PDT 2009

Hello all

What started out as a simple parking brake cable replacement has
turned into a caliper rebuilding, fuel line replacing, exhaust
repairing extravaganza.  15 Northeastern winters have taken their toll
on the underside of my S4, and leaving the car stationary for the last
3 months hasn't helped.  I had seized lower guide pins on both rear
calipers, and while I was able to free up the driver's side, one pin
on the passenger side broke off while I was trying to remove it.  I
ordered a new caliper, assuming it would come with a carrier or at
least guide pins, but it didn't.

I haven't been able to find an economical source for a new carrier
with guide pins, or better yet just a set of pins.  Any suggestions?

'94 S4
'96 A6qa
'90 Miata, waiting for the S4 to get out of the garage so it can start
its 1.8 transplant