[s-cars] A Different Brake Light Question

Douglas Fifield douglas.fifield at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 10:39:38 PDT 2009

I also am having brake light problems.  Patient is a 95.5 S6 Avant
with about 140K miles on the clock.

Symptom is a brake light that stays on too long when cold starting and
sometimes does not go off at all when engine is fully warmed in hot

Pentosin reservoir is full (even a little over) when engine is
running.  Braking feels normal - no pulsing of the pedal.  With engine
off, I got about thirty pumps of the pedal before it went hard.

I replaced the brake servo two years ago with a new unit.

I was leaning toward a bad bomb before doing the pump-down test.
What's left?  The pump?

Looking for wisdom in Minnesota.

Douglas in MN
95.5 Audi S//6 Avant