[s-cars] Are you happy w/your S6?

Bares, Vittorio Vittorio.Bares at nuance.com
Fri Mar 6 14:13:19 PST 2009

I'm going to look at a 1995 S6 sedan.

I test drove a 1993 S4 in December, completely stock - good car - but
not very impressive.

I felt like I was driving a mildly boosted Audi 100. Now I have driven
one of NEA's private S4 vehicles and that sucka flew!! (obviously well
tuned extras, probably a 12 or 11 sec car).

Are you S6 owners completely enthralled with your vehicles?

What should I look out for when viewing the car?

*       Hydraulic, oil, coolant, fuel leaks and levels

*       All electrics in working order, locks, windows, mirrors, heated
seats, sunroof, radio A/C

*       Tire wear

*       Brakes, e-brake

*       Speedo, trip meter, on-board computer

*       Drivability, stumbles, cold start, warm start

*       Maintenance: timing belt

*       What else?

Vittorio -