[torsen] Re: Not the last Torsen note I guess

QSHIPQ at aol.com QSHIPQ at aol.com
Mon Dec 4 21:14:23 EST 2000

In a message dated 12/4/00 3:26:15 PM Central Standard Time,
s4audinut at aol.com writes:

> OK, Tell me how to get a straight 40/60 split. Does anyone make a
>  center diff. to do this?
>  Rod
VC is the only way to accomplish this or a custom torsen, but either way,
only the beginning of your problems, and from a practical engineering
standpoint, the locker is simpler, more bulletproof and cheaper.  What about
your edl, your 4 channel abs and your open rear diff?

This mental exercise has little hope of practical fruition.  Even if you
could do it, you have a whole nother set of problems when you are looking at
dumping it to purchase that used RS4....

Bottom Line:  The torsen works, albeit with compromises.  One of which is
having to watch a properly tuned locker dude pass ya.  For straight line Rod,
you have the meow.  For turns, stopping thinking in terms of rwd O in a fwd U
designed car.  You own the wrong car for that.

Chicago locker duder