[torsen] Racing Rod

Erik Ringelberg eringelberg at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 6 18:20:08 EST 2000

PLEASE clip the messages to get to the issues at hand. This is getting like
the full list. TIA

I fully agree that the weight location makes the q cars FWD. It is basically
economically pointless to get the weight back where it should be. (Kill the
FWD multilink, too!)

So, maybe my support of the torsen is due to my FWD driving style.
Regardless, unless we cut a couple of hundred pounds off the front axle line
we are ultimately doomed to FWD characteristics. Fine, put wider front rims
and tires at a lower profile up front, and cut all the extra weight off the
front. The car will be a lot more neutral.