[torsen] Re: static torque bias (torsen warning)

QSHIPQ at aol.com QSHIPQ at aol.com
Thu Dec 7 06:39:03 EST 2000

In a message dated 12/6/00 2:50:56 PM Central Standard Time,
petersen007 at earthlink.net writes:

> Hi Scott,
>           I've also heard that the torque bias is 60f/40r, but the limits
>  are different things, are they not? I seem to remember reading that the
>  torsen could adjust the actual torque in [some quattro] between 66/34 and
>  34/66 if the situation included slip.
>
>  -John
OR turning with power applied.  The published data for all previous quattros
is 78:22 (with some 75/25 'claims', but 78:22 is in all of audis TSM).  John,
my research indicates the torque bias is listed as 54r/46 the static weight
balance at 60r/40.