[torsen] Re: [s-cars] Re: static torque bias (torsen warning)-has to be a spelling error...

Jani.Peltopuro at poyry.fi Jani.Peltopuro at poyry.fi
Thu Dec 7 07:04:02 EST 2000

static weight balance at 60r/40??? In S4tt?

Does that mean that the S4tt is almost as rear weight biased as the early
911s? I think it has to be 60f/40? What about the torque, is it 54r/46?

qshipq at aol.com
12/07/00 01:38 PM

        To:     petersen007 at earthlink.net, s-car-list at egroups.com, torsen at audifans.com
        Subject:        [s-cars] Re: static torque bias (torsen warning)

In a message dated 12/6/00 2:50:56 PM Central Standard Time,
petersen007 at earthlink.net writes:

> Hi Scott,
>           I've also heard that the torque bias is 60f/40r, but the
>  are different things, are they not? I seem to remember reading that the

>  torsen could adjust the actual torque in [some quattro] between 66/34
>  34/66 if the situation included slip.
>  -John
OR turning with power applied.  The published data for all previous
is 78:22 (with some 75/25 'claims', but 78:22 is in all of audis TSM).
my research indicates the torque bias is listed as 54r/46 the static
balance at 60r/40.