[torsen] Re: [s-cars] S2 Rally Car transmission

QSHIPQ at aol.com QSHIPQ at aol.com
Fri Nov 3 13:56:02 EST 2000

Tongue firmly in cheek, I'll prose:
Appreciate you taking the time to read my posts, tho I think you might want
to take the time to read Dave Lawson's.  If the "real" race car drivers use
locked center and rear, you must be missing... something.  I don't own a
00s4, driven a few at the track, and I didn't miss a thing.

Lawson's first hand interviews once again puts your "claims" in perspective.
Speaking of which, you might also want to take a gander at the 30-70times
published for the RS4 in third gear.  At 380hp, they are 2 seconds slower
than what you "claimed" on this list, with your chip and cat back exhausted
'00S4.  At a lighter tested weight (they didn't have a passenger with a
stopwatch), you must have over 400hp, or that MAF screen delete is one
hellava mod.  But then again, looking below, wasn't it you that claimed FTD
in A Stock against those very same bmw's at the very same venue?  How is it
that a torsen equipped '00S4 "...does what it's supposed to do at all times"
when it allocates torque based on turning radius and/or traction?  If you
really understand vehicle dynamics, you'd know better.  Apparently, Audi's
champion drivers and mechanics do.  But, you "has the experience to drive
hard..." (I guess we could forget about your early sig lines claiming 2
torsens in a 00S4 with 1), that doesn't mean fast.  Or "schools" are just
places to learn....

UFB, you made my day with this doozy.

SJ