[torsen] RE: [s-cars] Rear Stabilizer or Sway Bar

Dave Eaton Dave.Eaton at clear.net.nz
Wed Nov 22 14:29:02 EST 2000

ahh, so "audis race cars use no swaybars or antirollbars with traditional
a-arms" should actually read "audi race cars use no *traditional* arb's or
'a' arms".  i'm sure you're right.  one wonders though, by this rather
startling definition, what "traditional" parts an audi race car uses -
doorhandles?

as for the torsen treatise, i've cried off this debate, although shaking my
head in disbelief at hearing another lecture.  once again you modify your
statements from "torsen sends torque to the front on rear wheel lift" which
is of course wrong, to "think about the torque transfer that occurs *before*
wheel lift".

well, as most will know, the locked centre will also send torque to the
front before the rear wheel finally lifts....

back to normal programming?  after scott's customary and obligatory
(lengthy) last word of course....

dave
'95 rs2
'90 ur-q