[torsen] Re: [s-cars] RE: T-giving play and some notes...

QSHIPQ at aol.com QSHIPQ at aol.com
Wed Nov 29 09:00:05 EST 2000

In a message dated 11/28/00 4:04:09 PM Central Standard Time,
Dave.Eaton at clear.net.nz writes:
>  also speaking of predictability and the t-word: owners of the rs4 can take
>  some comfort from the fact that they will shortly have a car that has
lapped
>  the nurburgring in 8:10 (according to "evo" magazine) - within a few
seconds
>  of the production car record, and faster than a great many very good cars.
>  the nurburgring, of course, is not a circuit noted for being forgiving on
>  "unpredictable" cars...
>
>  dave
>  '95 rs2
>  '90 ur-q

Interesting report Dave.  In the context of the specifications in the
Motorola/Speedvision championship setups, what might be a valid "prediction"
would be welding the center and rear diffs of the RS4, and taking the
production 'record' outright.

Dave Lawson's personal interviews with the M/S guys, really shows that
objectively and objectively, we can "predict" that lockers are faster than
torsens in ultimate performance arenas, track or rally.  StigB proved this in
'84 and 85 as well, both times going after the tried and true, winning the
WRC championship in '84 and beating WR in drivers points in '85.   At some
point Dave, one has to accept that better drivers than anyone here has
accepted predictability as a major advantage in the T v L debate.  All
anecdotes to the contrary so noted.

To further support your position (and hereto unshared personal technical
interviews), you only need to explain the M/S series in the context of diff
specification and results.

My .02