[torsen] Re: diffs and flaming.............sorry it's long... .

Buchholz, Steven Steven.Buchholz at kla-tencor.com
Wed Feb 14 15:11:02 EST 2001

> > Naw, I believe the 15mph disable was cuz people forget to
> do stuff.  I can't
> Yep, stops 'em scrubbing off the tires by leaving it locked and
> whining about that funny noise from the rear...
> One of the more likely explanations I've heard.

... agreed, it also minimizes the chances that the driver would be operating
the car for a long period with the ABS disabled ... although I wonder if
under braking in a panic stop situation if the diff lock could re-engage and
disable the ABS!  I'm not familiar with the inputs to the diff lock module,
but I've got to believe that is one they would have thought about ...

Steve Buchholz
San Jose, CA (USA)