[torsen] Re: Re: "Correcting" understeer

QSHIPQ at aol.com QSHIPQ at aol.com
Sun Jan 21 09:46:03 EST 2001

Interesting post.  When I drive my urq *or* my tqw with the center diff
locked, it understeers more than when it's not locked.  When I lock the rear
with the center locked, it understeers more.  When I drive beyond the limit
at the track, or take either car to Steamboat, they both drift "neutrally",
per Jani's posted description.  Does that mean the car isn't understeering?
I'm thinking the definition of a "drift" as Jani described it in a static
60f/40r chassis, is understeer.  I'd think you can reduce understeer by
changing front tires,  but I don't buy into a "neutral" drift as presented.

Thanks for the "voluminus"...  help(?)

SJ