[torsen] RE:quattro Generations -rear torsens

John Petersen petersen007 at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 28 02:19:03 EST 2001

Hi Scott,
         I was reading this and what I once thought I was concrete on I am
now confused. I was under the impression that the V8 automatic was the only
Audi with a rear torsen. Which other cars have rear torsens? Do V8 manuals
have 2 torsens (all 50 or whatever in the US)?
         Another set of questions, you mentioned that the V8 rear torsen
could be installed on an urS4, does this require axle modifications? Is
this a bolt-up affair? What kind of weight will this add to the car? Is the
gearing the same, or would I have to open up the diff to change stuff around?

thanks for your help