[torsen] RE: [urq] More from the dark side...

Buchholz, Steven Steven.Buchholz at kla-tencor.com
Thu Mar 1 13:00:24 EST 2001

> Do they still run one of the front axles through the crank-case?
... Honda did the same thing when they built a longitudinally mounted I-5
FWD car ... while without a doubt the quattro's idea of running the front
propshaft through the center of the tranny is completely cool it is
difficult to get beyond the clutch, resulting in quite a bit of an anchor
hanging in the nose of the car (as we all know!).  Running an axle through
an oil pan is not *that* unheard of ...

Steve Buchholz
San Jose, CA (USA)