[torsen] Driveshaft angularity info needed...

Dupree, Jim dupree at alldata.com
Thu Nov 1 12:00:35 EST 2001

Jeff,
I don't have any hard facts or numbers to quote but I would not expect that
much angle change to shorten the CV joint lifespan significantly. I have
seen several cars over the years that in stock form have CV angles similar
to what you are suggesting (at least my mental picture of the angles you
suggest).
On another note we have (or had) a local AC shop that you could order almost
any size and/or shape of AC condenser. They installed/serviced aftermarket
AC systems for dealerships and the general public and had replacement parts
for most anything. They would fabricate custom hoses for us and weld on the
original metric/OE fittings if needed. Might be some place similar near you?
I do like your idea of moving the engine back and down, at least from the
weight distribution point if view.

Good Luck
Jim Dupree
Sacramento CA