[torsen] Driveshaft angularity info needed...

Dupree, Jim dupree at alldata.com
Thu Nov 1 13:09:04 EST 2001

I have been told the later transaxles (type 012 & 01A) Audi used can't
handle the power that the type 016 could. In fact Audi continued to use the
type 016 transaxles in their Turbo cars after the introduction of the type
012 & 01A transaxles.
The 016 type transaxle was also used in the Porsche 944/944Turbo and the
gearing in those may be different than in the Audi's. I don't know what 6
speed was used in the Porsche 968, which was the last derivative of the
924/944 series cars.