[torsen] Driveshaft angularity info needed...

Jeffrey Goggin audidudi at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 1 19:12:01 EST 2001

>In the mid engine GT40 we use Ford V8's with the 016 trans from the mid
eighties Audi 5000's. Inorder to have the wheels >in the right place and
have the engine fit behind the seats/firewall we have the same type of
angle that you mention
>with no problems.

Thanks for the info...

>What type of trans do you have? I am looking to see if the newer five and
six speeds could be used in a GT40. Most of
>the Audi boxes are geared a little low. Do you have any codes and ratios?

I'll be using a Type 016 AWD box.  I'm assuming you folks use the FWD
versions.  I do have info about the ratios, final drives, etc. tucked away
in my files but won't have a chance to dig it out for a few days.  I'll
forward what I have to you then.

Jeff Goggin
Scottsdale, AZ