[torsen] Driveshaft angularity info needed.

Bernie Benz b.m.benz at prodigy.net
Fri Nov 2 01:45:32 EST 2001

Jeff,

I believe that CV joint life vs shaft angle is similar to that of U joints,
an inverse function.  The larger axle half shaft CVs (inners) see larger
angles than does the rear prop shaft CVs, but are running at about 1/4 the
speed and twice the torque (assuming 4/1 final reduction).  So what? I don't
know.

IMO, on the rear prop shaft you can adjust the engine and rear diff
alignments such that the CVs see no static angle, and only need compensate
for elastermeric mounting deflections.  See my forwarded post.

Bernie