[torsen] 89 200TQ - 2 sparks

sinkco bryan at sinkco.com
Tue Oct 9 22:45:02 EDT 2001

to recap. I had a valve job done on my car. It ran before the head was
removed and now it will not start.
When cranking the engine, the coil will only produce 2 sparks. all parts
have been replaced. The ECU, Coil, hall sender
distributor and speed sender. I finally got a hold of a Bentley manual. I
have gone through the testing procedures for the ignition. Here is what I
have found and I hope someone can shed some light.
1. Speed sensor- no continuity between terminal 3 to ECU terminal 28.
2. timing sensor- no continuity between terminal 3 to ECU terminal 28.
3. hall sensor- terminal 3 to ECU terminal 25 has 48.7 Ohms resistance. (is
that normal?)
4. Checked wiring #2 of power stage and 22 on ECU and not getting minimum of
.2 Volts

Does any of this make sense to anyone? I need help.
Thanks, Bryan