[torsen] driveshaft center support

Jeff Davis jffdavis at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 15 22:52:02 EDT 2001

Hello,
The driveshaft center support on my 1988 Audi 90 Quattro has gone bad.
The local Audi dealer informed me that the support is a non replaceable
part of the driveshaft and therefore I would have to replace the entire
thing at a cost of $960. This is absolutely ridiculous!! I am trying to
find information concerning  a new replacement part or fabrication
specifications (assuming anyone has tried). If you have any info
concerning this problem it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Jeff Davis
jffdavis at bellsouth.net