[torsen] Audi trans interchangability

S4audinut at aol.com S4audinut at aol.com
Tue Oct 16 19:12:10 EDT 2001

You can still buy 500ci Fords new from the ford people (FRP), a crate hemi is
available and people like Summit racing will sell you a big block built to
better than stock specs.
I talked to the people at Electromotive and they had a hand in building a
370ci small block Ford that dynoed 1500lb/ft torque using twin turbo's which
translates to over 1900hp, engine fully built of course but big blocks are no
longer necessary to do big HP. The same people know a tuner who has done
600hp out of a 1.8t and 400hp out of a 1.8t using all stock internals. We are
saddled with some primitive (for today) ignition and fuel systems I am
finding as I talk to engine mgmt. people about the I5-20v T. I knew that when
I recently talked to EIP and they had done a 8 valve VW engine w/a turbo kit
to 460hp on pump gas.
Bigger isnt always better