[torsen] Audi trans interchangability - oh no!

QSHIPQ at aol.com QSHIPQ at aol.com
Tue Oct 16 23:29:02 EDT 2001

I look at the below, after I saw the pic RL sent me, and smile at the thought
of an audi v8 in place of a 8 stack 347 fully polished and georgeous ford
motor.  You sir are not tempting him with anything that audi might not ever
produce, nor ever did.  The "old" ford engine (tongue in cheek here) will fit
the gearbox, it has for longer than the 20vt or the v8 audis actually.  The
016 trans is a common swap for all sorts of v8 conversions, has been for some
time, bolt on adapter plates of nice tempered CNC aluminum to boot.

I'm happy to send you a copy of the pic I got, catteeu, nothing below will
ever come close (even my screen saver of the biturbo v8 RSR motor doesn't
touch this).

I've always expected the question from someone on the 016 adaptors, never
thought it would be on a GT40 replica.  Very nice!  Pardon our nationalism to
the marque RL, I'm sure you'll join in the share of the smile on the below.

Cheers!

Scott Justusson

I think you will save yourself a lot of trouble if you just use an Audi V8.
You know the engine will fit the gearbox. I imagine a lot of trouble mating
an old Ford engine to a newer Audi gearbox.

The 4.2l can be reliably tuned to ±450hp without forced induction (like the
version used by the Spyker C8). And beyond that when forced.
I you have a large budget, you could wait for the new generation Audi V8s,
expected in 2002. Direct Injection and other high tech stuff, plus a BiTurbo
version of the 4.2l. A 380hp 5.0l version is as good as certain, and a
rumour suggests this car will also get two Turbochargers to power the 500hp
RS8 and future Bentleys.

Catteeuw PJ
Belgium